Monday, February 17, 2014

Using Pinterest To Get Traffic

One thing that I like to do to get traffic to my posts is linking them on Pinterest.  All you have to do is pin your post to Pinterest and when a Pinterest user clicks on your post, you get a view to your post.  I have about 2,000 followers on Pinterest so I also get a lot of re-pins when I pin my posts.  The more followers you have, the more of a chance you have of them re-pinning your pins.  One tip is to make sure you use a cool looking picture so other users will want to re-pin it.  I've noticed that a lot of my pins about video games are repined because they look cool.  I've also noticed that pins from a while back are still getting re-pinned.  I don't know how that exactly works, but it means that those pins have a better chance of getting clicked on.  I know Pinterest isn't the only way to get traffic, but it's a good help.

3 comments:

  1. I'm using Pinterest too, and yes, good images are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing about Pinterest is that, from what I understand, they will charge this website for each view that is generated from their site. This happened at another site I work for. The owner himself told me about it. I will have to ask Eden Jaid what he thinks, but I believe this is something we need to look into before it costs us all in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Pinterest too. It's a good social media sharing site.

    ReplyDelete