Friday, February 28, 2014

Paid not enough - You did nothing for me

I was impressed when I read, ‘Do you expect your relative to remain grateful to you for rest of his life if you donate him one million dollars?’ I read further, ‘If you were able to come out of your grave, perhaps, you would be greatly disappointed to see that your relative was cursing to you instead’, because you had donated $3000 to a needy one, and left only $one million for your relative.

Once I took my friend to Kashmir, one of the most beautiful places in the world, thinking he will love the place and will prove to be a good company. I paid for the entire trip including boarding, lodging and sightseeing. But he did not like the trip because I forgot to buy the necessary woolen clothes needed in Kashmir’s cold weather. He wanted to stay in a better hotel than I had chosen to stay and the car I booked for local travel was not up to his comfort level.


I am not saying that we should do nothing for our friends and relatives, but what I want to say is, we should do all good things for the sake of our own mental satisfaction. I also feel that when our friends, family members or our relatives wish to do something for us, it is our duty to be thankful for their kindness.  

2 comments:

  1. There is so much selfishness now days. I would love for some one to do something like for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should delete this post as you are not the original writer of this post.

    ReplyDelete