Saturday, February 15, 2014

Coming back to Blogger



It's been four years since I left Blogger and moved to a WordPress site. I used to run a blogging empire from the driver's seat of my taxi, pulling out my MacBook Air to sign on and register a new domain between customers.

 Had a taxidriving blog on Blogger. It's still there, if anybody wants to have a look at Car 58, where are you? where you may read the night thoughts of a night cabbie.

Well, I thought it was entertaining reading at the time. And so did my brother cabbies around the world - there's still one or two blogging happily away if you follow the links to Dublin and New York.

The photo shows Taxi 58, freshly repaired after some bingle or another. Probably a kangaroo on my shift.

I guess I'm back on Blogger, as a member of the Prestigious Writers' Group. I'll see if I can find something to write about that isn't taxidriving. Shouldn't be too hard, there's a world of fascinating things out there!

--Peter

Image: My own work
Copyright © 2014 Skyring and may not be used without permission. Article and photo may be shared, if properly credited and linked back to this source.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you too! All the bad apples bobbing up, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be here, Jason. It's been four years since I reviewed my old blog. Heaven knows what skeletons lurk in dark corners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'll see how the thing goes. Early days yet, but looking very positive!

      Delete
  4. I prefer Blogger to WordPress--BIG TIME! Word press cut me off for some infraction I never understood and they could not or would not explain what they thought I had done wrong. They gave me no chance to fix whatever the problem might have been. They just shut down my skin care blog and my arts & entertainment blog. I was already on Blogger at the time, had been on Blogger for several years before my adventures with WordPress, and I have never had a problem here. My brief time with WordPress definitely made me appreciate Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably mean WordPress.com. I use Wordpress as a blogging platform on my own domains. With Jetpack, it's a fantastic platform. Immense variety of themes and the ability for infinite customisation.

      Blogger's big advantage is easy integration with all the Google products.

      Delete
  5. I can just imagine the stories you'd have to tell. Don't leave us in the dark... or standing on the corner!

    ReplyDelete