Monday, March 3, 2014

Do You Remember a Band Called the Bay City Rollers?

I remember my early years growing up in the 1970s in London. Do you remember the 1970s? What were you doing during those years?

I have a memory of a pop group called the Bay City Rollers and the clothes they wore in those years. Do you remember them?

The Bay City Rollers were a Scottish pop band that were popular in the 1970's. They were the biggest group since The Beatles. I remember this because my friends and I idolized them at the time. They wore a new type of clothing, which I remember wearing. I wore check bottoms that hung just above my ankles. My friends were wearing them too. These type of clothing really stood out for me.

The Bay City Rollers say in the 1970's in the UK. Their songs flew high up in the UK pop charts. Young teenage girls swooned over this young pop group including myself and my friends.

The Bay City Rollers' songs stood out of for me during the 1970's and each of the tunes have a real significance for me. Some of their songs like 'Bye Bye Baby,' 'Saturday Night,' 'Shang-A-Lang'  and 'Be My Baby' really did stand out for me.  The songs each bring back a memory for me when I listen to them. Memories like hanging out with some of my old friends who lived in my neighborhood and from school. I remembered where I lived and what I did when I listened to this tunes.

So, do you remember the Bay City Rollers? If not, what were you doing during the 1970's? What songs or groups did you enjoy when you were younger?

Copyright 2013 Denise Larkin. All Rights Reserved.

Photo credit: courtesy of Morguefile.com (Scotland)



8 comments:

  1. I was born in the 1970's, but I still know the music of the Bay City Rollers because they were often on in my house.Their tunes always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit too young. I wasn't born till 1979.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You weren't born when their music was out as it started in 1970.

      Delete
  3. I was born 1973 but those time..parents werent able to buy radio..First music I heard was beautifull Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved BCR! I had to go and listen to those old tunes again after reading his.

    ReplyDelete